Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chocolate Orange Scones

I have been wanting to make scones for about a month now. I've never made them before, and I think I've only had three scones in my entire life, but for some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about them! I stumbled upon this scone recipe while trying to find a recipe for s'more cookies (which were AMAZING! I don't think I want to eat the real deal again; the cookies were THAT good!). I've researched several food blogs, but this one is my favorite: bakedperfection.com. She created the s'more cookie recipe and the scone recipe that I'm reprinting today. I hope she doesn't mind....


Scones photo

Chocolate Orange Scones
Recipe from BakedPerfection

Scones:
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons orange zest (since I don't have a zester and I'm far too lazy to zest oranges anyways, I just used orange extract)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups whipping cream (heavy cream)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, salt, and chocolate chips (by hand). Pour in whipping cream. Mix or knead by hand, just until combined (about 45 second). Mix will be sticky. Flour surface. Divide dough into two sections and pat into two rounds, each approximately four inches. Note: Score each round first with a knife into 4ths , then 8ths. Then cut and put on a greased large cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool five minutes, then glaze.

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons orange juice

Mix together until a thin icing consistency to pour over warm scones.

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled that you loved my recipes and that they turned out so well for you!

    ~ Risa from Baked Perfection

    ReplyDelete